I can never spend enough time with the indomitable Mr. Sargent. His paintings that is….which is as close as we get to the man. On Sunday I could not tare myself away from this portrait of Joseph Jefferson at the Players Club in NYC. Here is a neat shot that really shows his mastery of value, color, and edges. The head is so solid, so subtle that the great actor comes to life over 100 years after the final brush stroke!
- In the Spotlight: Featured Portrait of Dirk Kempthorne, Former Secretary of the Interior
- Remembering Senator Arlen Specter
- A Portrait of an Artist
- "A Rising Tide Lifts All Boats"
- Paul Stevens • A lesson in Achievement
- All I Nose about the Nose--A Few Tips
- “Is painting simply an imitative art? continued...
- Is painting simply an imitative art?
- Beautiful at Any Age
- NEW Bravura Brush Series from Silver Brush